file How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?

• Armorbeast
  • Armorbeast's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #1163 by Armorbeast
How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4? was created by Armorbeast
I used to make textured characters for V3 and V4 before Genesis got started but admittedly just for my own use. I remember back then how people would ask if others still used Posette and other older characters. There was still a lot of people loyal to Posette but I think most of those have since moved on. That then leaves the question as to if any of you still use the earlier Victoria characters. Victoria 2 - 4 hit big for Daz and, in those days, Renderosity was the biggest site making things for them.

Victoria survives with Genesis, but it just doesn't seem the same. She used to be THE character and nothing could compare to Victoria. Now, she's just one of the many Genesis morph sets, and, having been out of rendering myself for a while now, I just don't feel the same vibe from Genesis that I used to get from the 3d rendering community as I did with V3 and V4 in particular.

You can now find many things for these characters on the cheap side and for free that were originally for sale at much higher prices. I think the earlier Victoria models were better than what we have today. That's not to say they are better, it's just that back then you only needed one or two bases and now you have like fifty it seems.

So, any V1 - 4 users still out there?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #1164 by MysticBlueRaven
Replied by MysticBlueRaven on topic How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?
I still use Victoria 3 and 4 for most of my artwork. Once in awhile I will use Victoria 2. I love the idea having a few base figures with a lot of character options. I am aware that new clothing is getting rarer for V4 but I don't plan on giving up on her.
I basically use poser 11 pro to do all my artwork, since I had a really hard getting used to Daz Studio, maybe down the road I will give it another go at it.
I also still use Aiko3 and 4
The following user(s) said Thank You: Armorbeast

More
1 year 9 months ago #1165 by 76Claudia2205
Replied by 76Claudia2205 on topic How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?
No I don't use it all anymore. Since 2013 I'm using DS and Genesis.

• Avros
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Taking It To The Max
More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #1166 by Avros
Replied by Avros on topic How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?
Well, I had to let Victoria go. We drifted apart and I have to say there was no love loss. Besides she left me and took my Harddrive with her. So all I had left is Angel (Genesis8Female) and she has taken up the slack. Though she is stubborn in her own way. I find that all the info takes time to set in (load), but she does perform (work) quite well. I am still coming to terms with sharing the scenes with another character (Genesis8Male) named Devon. He seems a little smug for my liking. Thinks he has it all. So I have to remind him that he is just another object (file) that is replacable. So with all of that out of the way. I guess we all have to move on and say bye to Victoria as she finds her own way in the enormous digital world we have created for her and many others. I only hope we do not over populate this virtual environment with too many one hit wonders. So many have pass me by and just sat collecting dust in my old and forgotten Runtime libraries. So hopefully I will not repeat my past mistakes and stay loyal my new friends. But I am keeping one eye on Devon, as I have reminded him. We are all replaceable.
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Avros.

More
1 year 9 months ago #1167 by 76Claudia2205
Replied by 76Claudia2205 on topic How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?
You're cracking me up Avros :D

More
1 year 8 months ago #1177 by aqua1955
Replied by aqua1955 on topic How Many of You Still Use Victoria 1 - 4?
I still do. There are a lot of things I even did not use.
Although I play around with V8 and V8.1 there is a lot of stuff still not used. 
These V4 files are not forgotten and will show up once in a while.
Still have my library from 2002 when I started

Time to create page: 0.325 seconds